About Me

My photo
The name of the game is "Talk". The player is Jann. The challenger is you. You ask questions, I answer. I share my interests, and you express opinions. I agree or disagree, you place a rebuttal. If you don't like what I have to say, I don't much care, but debating might be fun.

Monday 8 August 2011

2NE1 (Korean Girl Group) MUSIC REVIEW

2NE1 (Left to Right: Dara, Bom, CL, Minzy)

MEMBER PROFILES:


Name: Lee ChaeRin (이 채린)
Stage Name: CL
Position: Leader, rapper, sub vocals
Birthday: February 26, 1991
Height: 162cm (5'3")
Weight: N/A

Name: Park Bom (박봄)
Position: Main vocals
Birthday: March 24, 1984
Height: 165cm (5'4")
Weight: N/A

Name: Sandara Park (산다라 박)
Stage Name: Dara (다라)
Position: Sub vocals
Birthday: November 12, 1984
Height: 162cm (5'3")
Weight: 40kg (88lbs)

Name: Gong MinJi (공민지)
Stage Name: Minzy (민지)
Position: Maknae, rapper, sub vocals, lead dancer
Birhtday: January 18, 1984
Height: 161cm (5'3")
Weight: N/A



2NE1 (pronounced to anyone or twenty-one, I say twenty-one because it's how they say it in their music videos) debuted in 2009 under YG Entertainment and have since then made their way to the top with his songs like Go Away, I Am the Best and Ugly.

They first debuted with Lollipop - Big Bang ft. 2NE1 on March 27, 2009 but since it was a song for a commercial it didn't get promoted and 2NE1 came back with a second debut song (Fire) by which two versions were released: a street version and a space version which you can watch here:


Following the release of their single, 2NE1 came out with their first self-titled album. Here is the track list:


2NE1 (Left to Right: Minzy/Minjy, Dara, CL, Bom) Lollipop

1. Fire - 2NE1 (Music Video)
2. I Don't Care - 2NE1 (Music Video)

Their second album (To Anyone) was released September 9, 2010 with phenomonal ratings. The album has 12 tracks, which are as follows:

To Anyone (Left to Right: Dara, CL, Bom, Minzy/Minjy) Go Away


Following this album, 2NE1 has expanded even more and gotten an even larger fan base because they bring so much swag, attitude, originality and awesome to their songs, videos and live performances.

2NE1 has since come back with singles that have hit the population worldwide for the astounding vocals. They've released singles such as Lonely and I Am the Best that have over run the charts countless times. Take a listen:


All of those songs were included on the new mini album that 2NE1 now has called 'Ugly'. Here is the track list:

UGLY (Left to Rigth: Bom, Dara, Minzy/Minjy, CL) 내가 제일 잘 나가

2. UGLY - 2NE1 (Music Video)
3. Lonely - 2NE1 (Music Video)
4. Hate You - 2NE1 (Music Video)
5. Don't Cry - Park Bom (Music Video)

As 2NE1 slowly takes over not Korea but Japan, too, it is also preparing to sweep the American and Canadian nation as it prepares to debut with the Black Eyed Peas. Since the American group has been busy with their own promotions the debut date isn't dead set yet but 2NE1's American debut sure is a go and is sure to totally take over the world.

Black Jacks all over the world follow each of 2NE1's singles and albums with devotion and many enter the contests that 2NE1 held (i.e. Lonely Cover Contest and the recent I Am the Best Cover Contest).

Personally, I love 2NE1. I find their songs extremely catchy, their dances to be very on point and hard core, certain songs of their's have made me cry (Ugly) and the one thing I love the most about them is that their not the typical cookie cutter, sunshine and rainbows girl group that is over running the Kpop industry. Not that I don't like the cutesy groups, I do, but 2NE1 is so refreshing and the fact that they're getting so huge shows me that they have promise.

Over all, my love for 2NE1 will never die no matter what and I will continue being a devoted Black Jack and supporting them through their debuts in the Japanese industry and the American industry. 2NE1 화이팅!

FINAL RATING: 10/10
A repeating royal flush.

Go check 2NE1 out; you won't regret it.

Time to high light the Black Jacks on YouTube.

Dance Covers:
I Am the Best
GROUPS

Vocal Covers:
GROUPS

SOLOS

Hate You
Vocal Covers
GROUPS
None yet but I'll be sure to post some once I find some.

SOLOS

Ugly
Vocal Covers:
GROUPS
None yet, but I'll post my favourites once I find them.

SOLOS

PIANO/DRUM ETC.

Lonely
Vocal Covers:
GROUPS

SOLOS
There are a lot of people with covers out there due to the contest so taking the time to find all my favourites is going to take me hours but here are two of my favourite solo covers.

Go Away
Vocal Covers:
GROUPS

SOLOS

PIANO/DRUM ETC.

Didn't I say that they had amazing fans?

1 comment:

  1. Boys have a dance cover video too ^^ hope u like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPatq15p8_M&feature=related

    ReplyDelete